Monday, September 28, 2009

Don't Close the Book!

I almost gave up.  My brain tried to talk my heart out of it.  In my head, I thought I could convince myself of the "most rational" decision.  Then again, I took the so called "rational" path for the past seven years and last time I read the news it wasn't awesome to be considered a banker - haha!  Forbes noted "What does an un-employed banker need?  A new career path...".

I was in my car driving away from pursuing my dream.  My head still trying to hold out strong, but my heart kicked in...tears began to fall down my cheeks.  I couldn't stop the way I feel.  After a lot of thinking and really trying to make the smart decision, I never thought I would feel this way and that I would actually get so emotional about trying to make the "rational" decision.  Emotions ruled when I thought about having to close the book on pursing fashion design.

Well what I'm going to do now is wipe the tears from my cheeks and tell my brain to shut up for a little while.  Well at least long enough to get over the "this is too risky" thought.

What does all this mean???  I start fashion design classes at FIDM in LA next Wednesday :)

1 comment:

  1. I just got caught up on your blog... sounds like things have taken a much bigger turn than what you were expecting! Don't give up on your dream - no matter how hard the road is in getting there. Love ya :) If you ever need someone to talk to, give me a call anytime.

    ReplyDelete