Wednesday, September 16, 2009

LA ~ Stands for Less Assurance

Monday turned out to be the day my little Mini Cooper made its way officially from coast to coast; I reached LA.  My plan was to check out the FIDM LA campus in person and potential places for me to rent.  Within minutes of being around the campus and in LA, my gut wasn't liking the scene.  My head was unsure.  My heart sunk.  I spent time touring the campus and the area, still feeling the love for fashion but unsure about the LA scene all together.  So here I am now, trying to take some time to clear my head and perhaps explore a different route.  This decision I thought I was making turned out to be different than my initial expectations, however I just want the end decision to feel like I have made the right decision.

Am I giving up? Absolutely not.  I'm exploring my options and hoping that I will get the "this feels like the right decision" feeling.

The next stop... the lovely city of San Diego.  I will make my way to SD this weekend for a little fun in the sun as well as taking a look at the SD campus that was newly constructed by FIDM less than a year ago.  What are my expectations?  Well they are open.  I want to compare the different campuses and explore the idea of living in SD.  I have spent time in SD before and have a better sense of what life is like there better than LA.  There is also a chance I may decide to pursue fashion design on my own and execute ideas without school if I decide school is going to be more of a burden than advantage.  At this point it is hard to say what exactly will happen.  I really like the idea of taking a look at what is out there and sizing up my options.  I know I want to make the right decision for me and do what is best for me.  I am going to actively explore options that I believe will be good for me and entertain the idea that I may need to be patient in figuring the next steps out.  So here we go... onward... and the adventure saga continues... dunn, dunnnn, dunnnnn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment