Friday, October 9, 2009

The LA Update

Well I'm officially here in LALA Land.  I went for a run on the treadmill this morning and was staring at about ten different highrise financial buildings.  I love this!  I've officially had one class so far - Fashion Sketching.  Now I get to practice the fashion figure as we now call it - the "crouquix", by sketching 20 of them for homework.  I have also already had several interviews for employment opportunities, nothing serious, but definitely a step in the beginning direction of a new career path.  I will announce where I have interviewed if I actually get the positions ;) 

Next week for classes, I will have an array of business fashion, history of costume, color theory, and a fabulous sewing class (sewing is my fav, hopefully it stays that way!). 

As for the social scene, it's not bad here, people are either very friendly or super stuck up so it's easy to quickly tell who you don't want to associate with.  I have met a couple of super sweet friends from school who I'm thinking may just be friends for life.  It's nice to know there are really awesome people here!

This will have to suffice for the basic update for now.  I will have more to report later, but for now I actually feel like this decision has been a very good fit for me.  I can say - I'm happy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment