Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Time vs. Money

These two factors alone can cause a person so much stress.  My situation is somewhat difficult.  I quit my job and made some decisions that did not work out well for me.  I learned a lot and experienced a lot but when it comes down to the "game of life" - we need a job and we need money to survive and time is against us.  So here I am trying to figure out my current struggle/challenge of life.  I have my dream in the horizon and I'm hoping I can get there.  However due to the lovely economic conditions we are experiencing and for who knows how long, I almost feel like my hands and feet are tied and I'm in the bottom of a swimming pool trying to reach the surface.  My odds aren't looking so good to get to the top for a breathe of air.  It's everyday I realize more and more how daring my decisions are.  However, call me crazy, but there is something inside of me that knows I will make it.  Something keeps propelling me, pushing me to get there.  I need to make it.

Over the next month I will deal with adjusting to another part of the country, not really knowing anyone, job searching in one of the most difficult cities to find employment, starting a full time schedule of classes (which I am very excited about bytheway!), but will be a very busy girl.  Through all the struggles and challenges I have gone through, I just keep thinking I am going to be one freaking strong lady when all is said and done.  Things that I have learned are people who really care will be there to help out, even if it's just a "you can do it, I believe in you" cheer, it can make a huge difference.  I have also learned some people will lead you astray and if you allow them to get close to you it will hurt very badly.  Going through these experiences basically sucks, but that's just life I guess.  You got to take the good with the bad.

I just keep thinking once I get through this, then I will be happy and everything will be ok.  Funny thing is, now that I've been through some struggles, I have learned once you get through one another one comes up.  It's like that game I played when I was a youngster - I had this huge foam hammer and the concept was to hit all of the golphers when they popped up from their holes on this arcade box.  Each of the golphers is a problem/challenge in life, I hit one and another one pops up.  I have a feeling it's going to be like this all of my life.  What I get from playing "the game" is experience.  With experience I become faster and better at hitting those damn golphers.  With life experience I become stronger and smarter in dealing with the next challenge.

My dream is still there and nobody is going to take that away from me, I won't let anyone.  When I want something bad enough nobody can stop me, that's just something this world is going to have to deal with! :)

I composed this article to express that dreams can happen but they are not easy to obtain, we have to work for them, sometimes we have to give up just about everything for them.  Blood, sweat, and tears!  This article is also for your entertainment and yet again for my writing therapy... thanks for reading.

Tonight's blog is dedicated to a good friend who sent me a text about thirty minutes ago saying "You will find a way... You are far from defeated.  I'm amazed at your effort and accomplishment, despite adversity."  Thanks buddy, I needed to hear that!

2 comments:

  1. Really Elena - you CAN do it. I'm sorry that things are hard right now, but with perseverance you will pull through. :) I know that about you! You will accomplish your dreams, and I am excited to be there (even if only through the blog) to experience it with you and learn from you along the way. I love ya a lot buddy :) Keep truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alisha, you are a great friend. I'm excited to hear about your Texas adventures. I wore my cowgirl boots today and thought about you. Thanks for the comment, I'm here for you too. Let's get through this together! I know I'm going to need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete