Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fashion & Oxygen, Nothing More, Nothing Less

The past couple of days I have been contemplating the amount of work that is required to be successful in my fashion design program.  It's really amazing how many hours I put into working on fashion design related projects.  The other day I started my designing at 8am and continued throughout the entire day only taking breaks to eat.  I continued into the late evening, then into the late hours of the night, and then soon enough my alarm to wake up went off and I was still up and working (hadn't slept a minute).  I then had to jet off to 9 hours of class.  I got home at 9pm and then went straight to bed.  I was exhausted to say the least.  I keep looking at this week's schedule of projects and wow, I'm starting to think that I may have this busy routine quite often.  I'm glad I didn't really understand how hard I would have to work in this industry, because if I had really understood that at day one I may have seriously been scared away.  I do know that I LOVE fashion design because this may be one of the few things in life that I could happily do with this type of schedule.  This is my last quarter of school and it will be over very shortly.  I'm so happy that I've had the opportunity to experience this.  Fashion is the marrow of my bones.  I'm so excited to discover what the future holds for me in this industry.  This is what I was born to do.  What keeps me alive - Fashion & Oxygen, nothing more, nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment