Friday, October 22, 2010

WHAT and IF

What and If are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of you life: What if? What if? What if? You only need courage to follow your heart... 


So then, follow your ♥ !


I recently watched the movie "Up in the Air", it had a great message overall but one line that I loved was this:  "Do you know why little kids love professional athletes so much?"  The answer was because professional athletes follow their dreams.  Life becomes magical when you do just that.  It's time we all ask ourselves about what it is that we are passionate about, what it is that we want to experience, what it is that we want our lives to aspire to.  It's never too late!!!  I will say this again - If you aren't living your dreams, you're already dead.  


So who is this gal you ask, what business does she have gett'n up on her soap box preach'n to the crowd about liv'n your dreams, well if you've been reading my blog since day one then you will realize the shape that my journey is taking.  I hit the reset button and quit a high profile job to take the biggest risks of my life to pursue fashion design.  The journey is underway and still going, this is a dream I will spend the rest of my life developing.  Fashion is never finished ;-)  There are  other dreams I aspire to have that go along with my design pursuits and those will be my next paths I will take once I graduate from FIDM in eight short weeks.  What an exciting yet perhaps a little scary time this is in my life!  What's the next step?  Where do I go from here?  I know what I want, now to look at the plan and tackle the first and next and next tasks to get there.  







No comments:

Post a Comment