Friday, September 3, 2010

A Year and Some Change

A year ago, I didn't even think there was a possibility of me pursuing one of my biggest dreams of going to a prestigious fashion design school.  There was so much weighing me down.  So many many many things clouding my mind where no matter how logically I looked at the picture, it really didn't even seem possible.  I cried thinking I might just have to accept that this dream of mine just didn't make sense and that I might just have to let it go.  My heart finally took over my brain.  I felt like I literally had to push the off button on my brain just long enough to actually make the leap and just get out here to LA, start school, and hope for the best, that everything else would line up so that I could survive and really accomplish this.  I'm here.  I've overcame the worries and barriers I never thought would work out.  Crazy thing is, I still to this day can't really fathom how everything has just worked out for me.  Things seem to fall in the right place.  However there have been many intense struggles.  This has been one of the hardest things I've had to work for.  No matter how hard it's been, no matter how many struggles, every single day of this dream has been soooo worth it!  Now I have finals in two weeks and then just one more quarter left until I graduate from my program.  I wish a year ago I could read what I am writing this very moment.  A year ago I'm not sure I would have believed these words today.  What an amazing faith building experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment