Saturday, August 28, 2010

So What Happens When You Really Live Your Dreams...

I was just watching a show about kids in High School.  I feel like High School was just a couple of years ago... however, it turns out High School was about 8-9 years ago... wow!  I remember the girl I was back then - the dreams I had.  The really crazy thing that I just realized is that I have actually lived most of the goals/dreams I wanted for myself.  It started out with my adventure to Hawaii and living there, becoming a college athlete (cheerleader!), graduating in Business Finance, climbing the corporate ladder (Vice President position of a national CRE banking group - promoted just before my 25th birthday), obtaining a specific figured income goal for one year (age 25), running two marathons a month apart at 26.2 miles a piece (in 2008), and then going to graduate school for fashion design.  I will complete my graduate degree in December of this year 2010... less than 115 days away.  So now what?  What is left?  Well now that all of that can be checked off my list, there are some very important goals left:  To start and run my own successful business, find - fall madly in love with - and marry my soulmate forever in the temple, and become a mother.  Oh and just for good measure go to Tahiti.

I don't think a day goes by where I'm not thinking about what I want in life, what goals I have, what my dreams are.  I have accomplished a great deal of what I have wanted to achieve, but I think the most important goals are the ones still to come.  These remaining goals that I have so far in my life are the ones that will most likely bring me the most meaning for my life, the most happiness, and make me a better person if I should be so blessed to accomplish them.  I think about the goals I have yet to achieve and I become a little afraid about not getting there.  However, then I just remember accomplishing my previous goals.  They all started out with a dream and a desire to obtain.  I then worked very hard.  Nothing came easy, but I just never gave up, and I eventually got there.

I have an amazing family.  They have taught me so many things and have supported me in so many ways.  I will forever love them for this.  I'm very fortunate to have a family that has praised me while I was up and has lifted me when I was down.  Let's just say that along with the good sometimes comes the bad and our life trials.  These I have experienced.  Trials - once you overcome them fully they can become strengths to you and to those around you.  The path has not always been easy or fun, it has been very difficult at times.  The most important thing is that I haven't given up yet.  My family will never give up on me.  Life is a refining process.  Life should be about family.  That is if you want a life full of meaning and happiness.  The beautiful thing is that we all have the ability to have families of our own, if we so choose.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing Elena! I agree with you! Life is a process, when we are down and have trials I think we learn more good things from them and can help lift up others as well. I miss you and am excited to see you in December when you have graduated! Go get em girl, you can do it! My motto is- if you dream it you can do it! Chels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chels, can't wait to be back in Utah to see you all. Almost finished, I can't believe it! It will be fun to get to see your little man bubba more often. Hope all is well for you and that you are loving school too. I'm sure you are!

    ReplyDelete