Thursday, September 9, 2010

Simple Thought

You know its been said that we just don't recognize the significant moments in our lives while they are happening.  We grow complacent with ideas or things or people and we take them for granted.  It's not usually until that thing is about to be taken away from you that you realize how wrong you've been.  You realize how much you really need it, that you love it!

I love my family.  I love the idea of being able to have a family of my own.  Some days I think I may have forgotten this.  I have become clouded and preoccupied with so many other things such as my career and the voice of the mainstream world.  I almost forgot that this is the most amazing thing to achieve.  The idea of having a family of my own used to be one of my biggest goals, biggest reasons to fight for life!  It still is, but I think I've been hiding it with all the fear that the world brings.  The world can paint a very scary picture when it comes to trusting another, giving your heart away, putting your happiness in another's hands.  I wouldn't change the things I've been blessed to accomplish thus far, those have molded me into the person I am and will help to mold me into the person I will become in my life journey.  I will never stop working toward the goals that I have.  Some days I just need to remind myself of the biggest blessing I really dream of having - more than being a famous fashion designer, more than obtaining "things", some day I dream of having a family of my own.  Family should be the foundation of our society.

1 comment:

  1. These last 2 posts of yours are extremely poignant and beautiful.
    Family should be the most basic unit of Society. It should be a haven from the outside world. Thanks for reminding me of how lucky I am to have a family of my own! I am so blessed to have such a great husband and child. Things get monotonous sometimes, but I will always love all members of my family no matter what:) Chels

    ReplyDelete