Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who am I? Where am I going?

This is the purpose of us being here - to learn who we are.  It is vital for each of us to frequently ask ourselves - Who am I?  Where am I going? 

When we are learning who we are, we are also taking steps in many different directions.  Our destination is directed as we grow to know ourselves.  We get to make choices which lead us to who we become.  We can make changes to who we are by redirecting our paths.  We do have choice.  When we make good decisions it frees us to have more available choices; in an essence we become even more free.  If we make poor decisions we bind ourselves; in an essence we are in prison and our scope of choice becomes extremely limited. 

What's the difference between a good decision and a poor decision.  Just step back for a few minutes and ignore your carnal/brute nature and listen to your heart or what impressions you feel by your gut instinct.  The good decisions often times are not based on instant gratification. 

I've been doing a great deal of self reflection and changing back to who I know I really am.  The change has been more than worth it by how I feel.  I'm finally getting that inner happiness back.  I remember the day I felt I had lost that inner happiness.  A little while back, I was sitting in my car waiting at a stop light outside of the Univeristy of Utah, I felt a pit of misery inside of me.  Now after some changes, realizations and humility, I am in such a better mood.  It feels like my spirit wants to smile and laugh.  There is a good familiarity about the way I feel now. 

There is more out there than just the latest fashion trend, more than the best high class dining experience, more than unruly substances to consume for instant gratification, more than money, more than popularity and fame.  If life is only about these, one will realize either quickly or over some wasted time, that real happiness actually isn't gained from these.  There is something more... thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment