Monday, August 9, 2010

Change of Heart

My last facebook update status notes:  It has taken me a little while to realize the only one who can inhibit us is the person staring back at us in the mirror. So I decided to stop inhibiting myself and you know what it feels pretty awesome. The weight on my shoulders has been lifted and I can finally breath deep and clear with a big smile on my face.

The change of heart for me in my life has happened, it will continue to happen all of my life as I learn and grow.  Not a better feeling out there.  Walking down the streets of Los Angeles on my way to school today felt great.  Sometimes in life we all need to do this - We all need to make those changes, make those improvements, and then walk confidently and happily towards what's instore for our future. 

The song "When the Sand Runs Out" has great lyrics.  The intro is about being at an old friend's grave.  I have changed the lyrics to a small degree to fit my life.  The old friend's grave... well.. it could represent the person I used to stare at in the mirror.  Now someone new is there with a changed countenance. 

"When The Sand Runs Out"


I spent the morning at an old friend's grave
Flowers and Amazing Grace, she was a good girl
She spent her whole life spinnin' her wheels
Never knowin' how the real thing feels

And I stood there thinking as I said goodbye
Today is the first day of the rest of my life

I'm gonna stop lookin' back and start movin' on
And learn how to face my fears
Love with all of my heart, make my mark
I wanna leave something here

'Cause people do it everyday
Promise themselves they're gonna change
I've been there, but I'm changin' from the inside out

That was then and this is now
I'm a new girl, yeah, I'm a brand new girl
And when they carve my stone they'll write these words
"Here lies a woman who lived and loved life for all that its worth".

Yeah I wanna be runnin'

When the sand runs out.


First fix yourself.  Then look to help others.  Serve others.  Be happy, with happiness that just never ever seems to fade.   

No comments:

Post a Comment