Thursday, July 29, 2010

Single White Female Liv'in in LA

So here I am in LA.  Again witnessing at least ten mentally insane people a day.  I am also amongst the Hollywood stars aka the people everyone has seen in the movies... la la la.  I'm reading this book about success, about getting from where you are to where you want to be.  It's about knowing yourself, setting goals, and then mastering them.

Today I made my goal list.  I decided on a list of ten.  Not sure if I feel like being open enough to share them with the world, but they are written down, written inside my lovely personal design journal.  My goals range from my own personal career success to personal relationships and family life to physical fitness aims.

I read this story about Jim Carrey before he made it big in the acting world.  He drove himself up to Mulholland Drive looking out over the beautiful homes and set his goals, he wrote himself a very large check... a way of setting his own goals for what he wanted to achieve.  He post dated the check for when he expected to reach his goal, he did it - he achieved his goal by the date he set on the check he wrote to himself.  When his father died, he put the check in his father's hand when he passed away because of the support he had received from his dad.  Today, I wrote myself a check...  It was in the amount I want to earn from my own personal business that I have set as a goal for myself.  I pasted the check inside my journal with a post date of the time frame for when I expect to get where I want to be.  I post dated it to my 30th birthday - January 6, 2014.  I too have great support from my family and friends.  I too will get there.

I have some personal struggles to overcome.  I'm working through those at the moment.  Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's hard.  All I know is that I need to stay strong and most importantly stay POSITIVE.  I keep thinking of my plan for when I graduate.  Right now I'm brainstorming a couple of ideas... we shall see what I decide as the time gets closer to the end of the year.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks sweetie, always awesome to hear from you girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one. I need to write down some more goals and share them ;) Again we need a biz meeting. love you!! RR

    ReplyDelete