Friday, July 23, 2010

Expectations, Broken Promises and Disappointment

I think we have all been there - step 1:  having expectations, step 2:  broken promises and then comes step 3:  disappointment.  I'm tired of being disappointed.  I'm sure it is an inevitable feeling which some people may just try and avoid by not having expectations.  However, then you live in LALA Land.  I think that is a good reason why many refer to LA as LALA Land.  So many people are on this so called journey to make it big, be somebody and do something amazing.  However most of who I meet are people falling short, working in lame jobs with crazy addictions.  People talk a big game but where are the actual strong players?  What is this fantasy world anyway?  Perhaps I'm just the "square" that doesn't fit in here and I am more than ok with that.

I'm glad I'm here right now seeing these examples first hand.  I'm learning everyday what I do and do not want in my life.  I graduate from my program in approximately five months which will then leave the door open for me and my next decision in life.  Each life experience has taught me important lessons.  I've seen a lot and have a good perspective about what is good.  Because of this, I am amazed at how distorted the general population's view is.

Life is not easy, but it is worth it!  An example of what I saw today to show how life is not easy, were the three crazy people I saw when I was walking to school.  They were out of their minds, yelling and screaming and then talking calmly to no one.  So bizarre.  Then there were the ten homeless people, pee stained sidewalks, and teenagers panhandling for drugs.  Yeah, this is what I see on a daily basis and it is sad.  I'm sure there are worse situations out there, however that still doesn't make it right.  What makes life worth it for me right now, is knowing that I'm doing something I have always dreamed of - going to an amazing fashion design school.  I can check a big item off of "my life list".  There are also some amazing sites living in a major city with the tall buildings, city lights, and diversity.  These amazing sites are things I will take and store as the good memories of my time living in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment