Friday, May 28, 2010

The World Paints an Incorrect Picture of Truth

I'm a very open minded girl. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when they are making decisions and life choices. The thing I am stuck on the most right now, is how the world, or most of us in the world, have the idea that Hollywood or being famous is the ultimate goal. I have stared Hollywood right in the eyes. I have now met and observed quite a few of those "famous" people. The sad thing is, when you look into some of their eyes, there is a gross feeling you get. There is an emptiness in their soul and it coughs up nothing but misery. These are some of the people we envy??! I had another awakening yesterday after hearing a friend at lunch tell me his ultimate life goal - which was to be famous, wearing the fur coat, and having a super model stand beside him. He wanted to be exactly like a specific famous actor. Then later that evening I ironically bumped into this famous actor in West Hollywood. I shook "Mr Famous's" hand and experienced the empty soul coughing up misery... it seriously was a crazy experience and is almost difficult to really express what I saw and what I felt. I just wish we could all have the experience I had yesterday to really understand and see that what some of us think we want, isn't exactly what we think it is. The things we think are going to make us happy may actually make us very miserable. Life lesson #278... "the world paints an incorrect picture of truth"!

No comments:

Post a Comment