Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Weight of it All

So it just hit me... I'm really happy today. I completed my final for my Computer of Fashion class that is on Saturday mornings for six hours. I think I did a really good job. It felt fabulously perfect or perfectly fabulous walking home from FiDM in the sunny 70 degree weather, jammin out to my iPod.

It further dawned on me that I have completely re-routed my previous life path. I deviated from the life of a banker to life of a fashion design student. We can always have a general plan in order, and I feel it's very important to do so, but what's even more important is to be happy day by day. For me to be happy day by day, I gave up a hell of a lot of money, but frankly I gained in happiness dollars! I was thinking that if I had stayed on the previous path I may have been purchasing a house, driving my somewhat of a dream car, not caring what I spent when shopping at the mall, dining out often... Now I am extremely frugal with little to no extra spending cash. Today, I eat Lunchables and have old carrots in my refrigerator. I make just enough money to pay rent and am still blessed to keep my cute little mini cooper. I haven't bought more than two items from the mall in over a year. What's funny about this whole picture, is I have never been HAPPIER! Weird huh? (; Sure I have crazy day to day struggles, so does everybody else. I hate to say this, but if I died tomorrow I would leave this lovely world one happy little girl, who is lucky to have amazing family and friends and whole lot of life experience! However, I love life and hope to live to 100! There are some things out of our control, but if we have a good heart and listen to it, we can smile from the inside out practically every day of our lives.

My future path is in a new direction, I have a general idea of where I want to be, but I am no longer wishing away any minutes of any day. I'm doing my best to enjoy every single one of them. I know there are days where I get really down, but I'm elated for days like today where I feel like a million bucks!

The weight of it all has been worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Elle,

    It is definitely not weird to feel this way. I, like you, am so happy at my direction and I too have risked a lot to be where I am. It's an amazing phenomenon how happens manifests in life.

    -Wes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wes!! I love the path that we are now on, it is already worth it! See you in class on Wednesday darling!
    ~elle

    ReplyDelete