Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Why do you try so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out!"

Today I wrote in my creative journal about balance. Feeling balanced and actually being balanced are so important. It may not happen every second of every day, but it's important to always work at it. Design and creativity is the ultimate "balancer" for me. It pairs so well with anything else I choose to let into my life. Design gives me power and because I love it, I'm a happy person. Design allows me control and expression of my feelings and emotions.

I have such a fun life. This is something I have always wanted to do. I love going to school at FiDM. I'm learning so much as well as being extremely challenged.

The journey to get here has been a learning experience, it has given me the strength and foundation I need to walk this path that I now walk.

A little excerpt that describes my journey to get here:

And Hansel said to Gretel, let us drop these bread crumbs, so that together we can find our way home. Because losing our way would be the most cruel of things. This year I lost my way.

And losing your way on the journey is unfortunate, but losing your reason for the journey is a fate more cruel.

The journey lasted five years. Sometimes I traveled alone, sometimes there were others who took the wheel and took my heart. But when the destination was reached, it wasn't me who had arrived, it wasn't me at all.

And once you lose yourself, you have two choices. Find the person you used to be, or lose that person completely.

Because sometimes you have to step outside of the person you have been and remember the person you are meant to be. The person you wanted to be. THE PERSON YOU ARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment