Friday, April 23, 2010

My MUSE Manuscript

Muse - defined as - to gaze meditatively or wonderingly as well as a means to discovering inspiration. Inspiration is the initial stage of the design process. Inspiration is the foundation.

I have been reflecting about my muses, my inspiration. Here is a short list of my MUSE Manuscript:

- ATHENA - goddess of wisdom and art! In Greek mythology Athena was, in essence, the prototype of the contemporary "career woman".
- Edie Sedgwick - 60s fashionista and was considered to be a Muse of Andy Warhol as well. She was the "poor little rich girl" with an inner sunbeam everyone could see and feel.
- Andy Warhol - Mr. "Success is a job in New York" comes from a past that I can also relate to in so many ways, different yet I believe we could share a great deal of the same empathy.
- Marilyn Monroe - immortal icon who has her own Cinderella story.
- A lifeguard stand on Sunset beach on the North Shore in Oahu, Hawaii. This is a place I would consider one of my favorite places on this earth due to the emotional connection and time in my life when I lived on the island.
- 60s Mod and Counter Culture - my design philosophy is working around this concept but adding a definite regentrification by expressing freedom of the soul and social balance.
- Cities - New Orleans, Austin, NYC, San Francisco, DC, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago
- Artists - the aforementioned Andy Warhol, Henri Mattisse, Vincent Van Gogh, Georges Seurat, Edgar Degas, Mary Cassatt, El Greco, Roy Lichtenstein.
- Christian Dior - famous fashion designer

This is a short list of what inspires me. I connect emotionally with this list. This in part, expresses a sector of who I am. These muses create a base for my creativity. The list will continue to grow and has many different subcategories, however a start is a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment