Saturday, April 3, 2010

Inspiration gives no warnings.

What you chose to wear is an instant reflection of how you present yourself to the world out there. Our human interactions can be so quick. Fashion is a language of instant gratification!

Today my inspiration came from a lady on the street. On my way to the market, I became face to face with what looked like a lady who was going to attack me. She was rough looking wearing beat up clothing and uncombed hair. She got directly in my face to simply ask me a question. I stepped back slightly but then realized all she really wanted was to just ask me a question - "Sweetie, do you know where the Metro is?" she asked. I gave her directions and her response back to me was so surprised that I answered her and that I was nice about it. The way she was dressed was her instant reflection to the world that she might be someone to be careful around even if she may have been harmless. However, due to her shocked reaction to my kindness, showed that her treatment from the general public has obviously not been positive.

Does it make it right for the world to treat others poorly because of the way they dress, absolutely not. However, the truth is, the world does take judgment based upon your outward appearance. So give it a try, one day, dress like complete shit, see how the people outside initially react to you. On another day, rock your business suit to a department store; watch how you are catered to, see how many people smile at you.

Bottom line for fashion is have fun with it. Our world is so serious and fashion is a very serious business, but fashion can be a break from the mundane world and provide a smile. It can also work to your advantage if you can dress to impress the public. It's not about label hoo haa obsession, but about pairing something to express your inner self with a silhouette that works well for your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment